Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why I haven't tried Social Mention or Addictomatic

It's very simple, really. I ran out of root beer for my root beer float. I started with Google alerts, set up 3 alerts, and messed around with some other stuff - reading comments, changing blogs I'm following, putting stuff in folders on Google Reader. By the time I was down to the last slurp, I figured I NEEDED a root beer float in hand to work on 21 Things. I know I'm behind (still finishing Thing 6!) but I think I only have one root beer float worth of tech concentration in me, at least when I'm doing this in the evening. And with the speed-freak summer reading atmosphere @ work, evening is the only time I can manage!

Summer reading is great fun, but I will be relieved when we're done. By next summer I plan to clone myself. Either that or learn to set more realistic goals - hmmm, cloning's probably a more realistic goal than me being realistic...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, Ellen! That's such a brilliant way to add fun and boundaries to your playtime. Because, as we all know - if you do it all for too long, it often turns into something other than play (ie: frustration!) I hope you DID have fun and enjoyed the float (now I'm craving one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was much more fun b/c I set that limit; fortunately I have more root beer and ice cream. I think I'll need it!

    ReplyDelete