Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to work!

I just returned from a vacation in Colorado, where I went biking & rafting and even did a little "21 Things" with my niece and nephew. We had a lot of fun with the Image generators - here's a sample!
ImageChef.com
Unfortunately my tendency to wander the web is worse when I have fellow travelers! Fortunately I (and my library) already use Twitter, Facebook, and IM; I also use Good Reads but need to be more consistent with it.
I'm a little conflicted about posting photos to Flicker - we do post pics on our blog & link to albums, but I'm a little leery of privacy issues. We had one mom who asked that we remove all of her child's pics from our online albums, which could be viewed by clicking on a link on our blog.
Check out some pics from our Crazy Costume Capers on our blog:
http://www.rfplkids.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that image! And hope you had a VERY fun time on vacation. Never been to Colorado but it's my list (my very loooong list!)

    I think privacy issues are a concern, yes. But there are ways around it. I know libraries have a standard practice of taking pics at events and a sign posted about how they plan to use them (grants, presentations, blogs, flickr, FB, Twitter, etc.) and that if anyone doesn't want to be included in those pics, they wear a simple red button and the photographer avoids getting them in shots.

    And I love your blog! You can also post that blog address as a link in the post where readers just can just click right over to it. Love the little frog dude! And wow - hoola hoopin' mania! Fun!

    ReplyDelete